Monday, March 15, 2010

I have flaky skin on my nose, but it's not dry skin. Help please?

The skin on my nose and around my upper lip area is really flaky, but it's not dry skin. The skin on my nose peels off in patchy layers, so I never have even looking skin on my nose. I've tried microdermabrasion scrubs which help a little but not enough. I don't use soap on my face but use a facial cleanser. I also don't want to put lots of moisturizer on my nose because then it looks oily. I'm 39 and I've had this condition most of my adult life, but in the past year it has gotten really bothersome. Serious advice only, please.
I have flaky skin on my nose, but it's not dry skin. Help please?
You should first make sure that this is not a pre-cancerous condition called an actinic keratosis. See a dermatologist. If it is, it can be treated with liquid nitrogen. If not, the dermatologist can determine if it should best be treated with an emolient or a low dose steroid cream.
I have flaky skin on my nose, but it's not dry skin. Help please?
It sounds like it might be eczema or maybe even psoriasis, but I haven't heard of psoriasis on the face like that.





Check out www.webmd.com, they have lots of info on different conditions. Search for eczema and see if your symptoms match.





And until you get it checked out by a doctor, I'd stop the microdermabrasion or any exfoliation, because that could actually be making it a lot worse!


No comments:

Post a Comment