Thursday, March 11, 2010

1000's of tiny skin bumps, acute bordering on chronic, no secretions?

I have searched every dermatology site I could find. I have looked at every G**gle image available.





About 3 months ago, my legs (knee to shin) broke out into what I can best describe as hives (but I think not). Thousands of bumps on/under my skin. Very Itchy. Barely visible %26amp; not breaking the skin until I started scratching. Rash, yes, but not sure if due to scratching or not. Never any pus or discharge. Over a period of about 3 weeks they would spread to different parts of my body-arms, chest, back. Skin became very rough, after 1-2 weeks would flake off and clear up. Now 2 months later and I am seeing a return but in a lessened state. Subtle 'bumpy' skin on my upper arm, thigh, back, and behind the knee. Itches. Looking at my skin now you would see nothing, running your fingers over it you could feel the bumps if observant, but wouldn't know it to be abnormal. Looked at every skin condition I could find online. Nothing fits. Current guess = Virus. Any Help?
1000's of tiny skin bumps, acute bordering on chronic, no secretions?
It could be candida albicans. There is basic info at www.hufa.org at the "yeast" link. If you want to try something, buy a tube of anti-fungal cream at the drug store. Generic is ok, and it is cheaper. I use clotrimazole. Put some on a patch of the bumps and see if that makes them go away or quit itching. Apply for about 3 days, twice a day. If that seems to help, you may have a systemic yeast syndrome.





Feel free to e-mail me if you have further questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment